Labor and Employment Practice hosts 2017 FMLA Master Class
A group of attorneys from Saul Ewing’s Labor and Employment Practice will present an FMLA Master Class in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This intensive day-long workshop provides substantive instruction on fundamental FMLA compliance principles in light of new and existing regulations, court rulings, and application of this far-reaching law. Attendees engage with the speakers and their peers to learn:
- How to judge a “serious health condition” the way a real judge would, and eliminate disputes about what does and doesn’t constitute it.
- The latest FMLA revisions, so you don’t risk noncompliance.
- What recent FMLA court decisions really mean, so you can adjust your policies accordingly.
- Why FMLA recordkeeping continues to trip up even the savviest human resource managers, and some solutions to avoid similar mistakes.
- How to tame the intermittent leave and reduced schedule beasts, and put a stop to abuse and fraud.
- How FMLA, ADA, and state workers’ comp laws overlap, so you can avoid violations, and more.
Saul Ewing attorneys Catherine Walters, Danielle Petaja, Gerard Clodomir, Lindsey Kennedy, Brittany Medio and Jessica Meller will lead various presentations during the program at Union League of Philadelphia, 1450 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the day-long presentation concludes at 4:30 p.m.
For more information, including registration details, click here.