Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s Municipal & Governmental Practice Group is unique in that Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP represents both public and private clients in a multitude of governmental matters. We have a wealth of experience in municipal and local government law and have members who currently serve as municipal attorneys, as well as attorneys who have served and continue to serve as assistant municipal attorneys.
Our Municipal & Governmental Legal Services
The government lawyers in the firm’s Municipal & Governmental Law Group offer a broad range of services to their clients including, but not limited to:
- The interpretation, drafting, and administration of municipal ordinances, resolutions and contracts
- Trial and appellate litigation matters, including contract disputes, land use, and employment litigation
- Real estate transactions and land use
- Planning, zoning and annexation
- Community development and redevelopment, including Tax Increment Financing and Special Service Areas.
- Labor and Employment matters, including Equal Employment Opportunity Commission claims, civil rights litigation, collective bargaining, police and fire department policies, and procedures and contract negotiation
- Code enforcement and community policing
- Tort and Civil Rights litigation defense for municipalities
- Real estate development restructuring and work outs
In addition to municipal clients, the firm represents private clients and acts as an advocate and liaison between its private clients and governmental agencies, on various issues, including all of the areas listed above. The firm has a particular emphasis on litigating cases with a governmental emphasis and has been successful in obtaining administrative and legislative decisions through both litigation and negotiations with local, county, and state governments.
The group includes attorneys who have been named to the following lists: