Attorneys in Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr’s Intellectual Property Practice Group assist clients in developing and protecting their brands, which are often a company’s most important asset. Our attorneys are experienced in registering trademarks and service marks for a variety of clients in numerous industries throughout the United States. We also have a strong international legal network that we rely on to register and maintain trademark applications and registrations throughout the world. The attorneys at Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr have experience not only in securing trademarks for our clients, but also in litigating trademark disputes.
The firm’s Trademark team handles the full range of trademark needs, including:
- Providing mark selection counseling
- Developing national and international trademark registration strategies consistent with existing and proposed business operations
- Performing clearance searches to confirm availability of the mark for use and registration
- Drafting, filing, and prosecuting trademark applications to completion, both domestically and internationally
- Managing and maintaining existing trademark portfolios
- Representing clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Performing portfolio, product and marketing material audits to ensure continued trademark strength
- Negotiating and drafting licensing, product development, distribution, manufacturing and merchandising agreements
- Policing our clients’ marks by monitoring competition and enforcing marks through litigation or informal means
- Litigating trademark infringement and unfair competition lawsuits in federal courts throughout the U.S.
- Bringing and defending against motions for temporary restraining orders (TROs)
- Collaborating with our business lawyers to conduct adequate due diligence in business transactional support, including the identification and transfer of valuable trademark assets
- Conducting domain name dispute proceedings to recapture domain names from cybersquatters
The group includes attorneys who have been named to the following lists: